Ghee has a wide range of benefits, ranging from skin health to intestinal health. Part of our Indian diet since ancient times, the world is now waking up to its benefits and research shows that ghee is one of the healthiest ingredients available today.
1. Good for the gut: Ghee contains Butyrate – a short-chain fatty acid which soothes inflammation and helps maintain a healthy digestive tract
2. Loves your body: Ghee is rich in fat soluble vitamins, and in addition also helps your body abosorb vitamins from other foods
3. A power house: The fatty acids in ghee do not get stored as fat, but are used directly as a source of energy
Jaggery is a naturally derived sweetener and a common, ancient ingredient. It is rich in minerals, is a great source of good sugar and offers a variety of other health benefits
1. Great source of energy: Jaggery, unlike sugar, contains complex carbohydrates which get assimilated gradually, giving your body energy over a longer time. This avoids fluctuations in the blood sugar level
2. Great source of iron: Jaggery is rich in iron and other minerals, which help maintain healthy haemoglobin levels, good gut health and boost immunity
3. Your body detox: Jaggery helps clean your blood, lungs and liver of toxins, keeping you fresh and active all the time!
Ragi is an robust grain which grows in arid and semi-arid regions. Also known as finger miller, ragi is rich in calcium and iron, is gluten free and a great source of fibre. Scruples uses sprouted ragi flour, which enhances the absorption of these nutrients
1. Great for kids: Calcium & iron help make the bones strong and increase the oxygen carrying capacity of blood. Essential for growing kids and adults alike
2. Gluten free: Ragi does not contain any gluten and is a great option for those seeking gluten free carbohydrates. Ragi is a source of good carbohydrates
3. Great for weight loss: Since ragi contains a lot of fibre, it helps keep your stomach filled for a longer time, so you can avoid those untimely hunger pangs